Surface Fanfiction

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Surface Fan Fiction: Miles Blog

Do you have a continuation of Miles Final Blog? Submit it by clicking "comments" below or by e-mailing it to us at televisiontalk@gmail.com. In the End (Hopefully at the beggining of Season 2), we will have a long Fan Fiction created by you the fans.

Final Blog:

There isn't time.


I can't write much. It seems like the end of the world is here. We'll be leaving soon. All of us. The entire coast is being evacuated. We've had a hurricane come through a couple years ago, but we didn't evacuate. This is different. Serious. A tsunami, which by the way, the tsunami saved my life.

A tsunami is headed for our coast, and since we live right on the water, chances are that our house will be destroyed by it. It is trippy and scary. I hope we make it out. But you know what was scarier? The mob that broke into our house last night and pulled me outside. Greg's dad started the whole thing. I don't know what he thought was going to happen. But I'll tell you what, the mob mentality…it's severely loco. What were they going to do? Lynch me? Hang me? Beat me up? So you take one redneck father who's mad, even though his son is a bully and an ass, you get that redneck father all worked up, then you add some more southern fried rednecks and what do you get? You get a mob. Mean, out of control, irrational, bloodthirsty. Someone punched dad, and he wasn't even the one they wanted. And hey, I'm as southern as the next guy here, but I sure ain't no redneck, Jethro. Just kidding. You know I don't talk like that. So anyway, in a weird way, a tsunami saved my life.

We're packing up stuff so I really have to go. How do you pick what to take with you when you know your whole house is going to be destroyed? And everything in it. What's important? I mean, really, at this point, all you care about is that everyone you care about gets out alive. Savannah's going to go ahead of us in her car. Mom wanted me to go with her, but I can't. I have to find Caitlin to make sure she's okay.

It's weird leaving here after everything that's happened. I'm leaving home. So much happened to me here, even just in the last year when I found Nim. Now the world is upside down, and we don't know what'll happen from hour to hour. It's a weird time, but it makes me realize that I should honor the things that are important to me, my family, Caitlin, Nim. I should honor the things that mean something, because of everything else that's happening-it's going to take a while to figure out the meaning of all that.

I don't know when I'll be able to write again. I don't know where we'll be spending the night next and whether there will be electricity or not. I don't know if my laptop battery will last. So just in case, I want to say, thanks for reading, thanks for caring about Nim, and me too. I hope you get through all the stuff you're facing right now, because I know that even though it might not be a tsunami, there's always stuff. Take care of yourself, and I'll take care of my family-the best I can anyway. Miles Barnett…signing off.

Continuation Written By: DoughBoy21

Well I’ve got to go back, no choice. Greg’s dad got trapped somehow. Me and Nim know what we have to do. Its weird it almost felt like I was talking to him. Well I'm prepared for anything now. I don't know what’s happening to me but its happening. We'd gotten out of there we were gone and then my mobile beeped and that was it me and nim left at the next stop. When I look at him I can hear words but not words more feelings and thoughts. It was as though he knew we were going and why and thought it was a good idea. I know strange but I guess that’s me and nim now strange. The message was from Greg’s dad, all he had was Greg’s mobile with my number in it. He asked me to tell my dad but he can’t help I know me and nim can I don’t know how but i do. Look I’ve Gotten go I’m writing this on my mobile so to get this much is an effort (yep had to leave my laptop behind). I really hope I can talk to you all soon if not tell Caitlin i love her and tell my parents why i went. - Miles Barnett

Continuation Written By XxKeNtUcKyBoYxX7

The worlds changed, it seems like everything is underwater! Me and Caitlin met these people named rich and doughtery, they are always are looking at Nim, observing him, and I don’t think he likes it very much. I don't think I want them around, they don’t trust me or Nim, I think they are catching on that I’m, well different. Earlier today I was sitting next to rich and all of a sudden a spark came form my shoulder and hit his. But anyway we are all still on this church, there’s no way out of here, it's all underwater! I think we are safe for now though because Nim always stops those creatures from coming near us, he's protecting us. Sometimes he goes out for swims and brings back couple of his little "friends" They never hurt u, they just stare, but now we are starting to run out of food, there wasn't much in the first place anyway. But that’s not all that’s going on, I haven't told anybody but I think Caitlin is changing, the same way I am. Sometimes I see her and Nim just looking at each other, just staring, and yesterday I saw a small little flash of blue come from her leg. My changing is getting worse too, my legs fell weird and whenever Nim is around I feel different, like I’m one of him, but I don't know, I’ll just have to wait it out and see what happens. Well, that’s all I have to say, maybe I’ll talk to you again, but in the mean time please wish us all luck.

To submit a continuation of XxKeNtUcKyBoYxX7's continuation, click "submit" or e-mail us at televisiontalk@gmail.com

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger DoughBoy21 said…

    Well i've gotta go back, no choice. Gregs dad got trapped somehow. Me and Nim know what we have to do. Its wierd it almost felt like I was talking to him. Well I'm prepeard for anything now. I don't know whats happening to me but its happening.
    We'd gotten out of there we were gone and then my mobile beeped and that was it me and nim left at the next stop. When I look at him I can hear words but not words more feelings and thaughts. It was as though he knew we were going and why and thaught it was a good idea.I know strange but i guess thats me and nim now strange. The message was from gregs dad,all he had was gregs mobile with my number in it. He asked me to tell my dad but he cant help i know me and nim can I dont know how but i do. Look ive gotta go im writing this on my mobile so to get this much is an effort(yep had to leave my laptop behind). I really hope i can talk to you all soon if not tell caitlin i love her and tell my parents why i went. Miles Bennet

     

Post a Comment

<< Home